E-Z Patch® 7 F.S. Gray Rebar Rust Repair is our special cement mixture that successfully seals rebar rust problems without having to cut out the rebar steel. This product contains special acrylic modified materials with pozzolans (siliceous volcanic ash) and polymers.
E-Z Patch® 7 F.S. Gray Rebar Rust Repair is designed for both underwater and fast set above water (with water lowered) repairs. Available in 1 lb., 3 lb., 10 lb. & 50 lb. sizes.
2. Chip out all rust and remove all rust particles out of pool (the particles leave rust stains). It is advisable to chip at least 2” beyond the rust area along the rebar to insure locating the entire rust problem.
3. Rebar must be at least 2” below top surface of plaster. If needed, chip down cement below rebar and hammer rebar down (no need to cut it out).
4. Clean loose debris from the surface.
5. Add LIQUID CEMENT BONDER to E-Z PATCH® 7 DRY CEMENT MIX (for using just part of the kit you can use fractions EXAMPLE = 1/4 of the liquid cement bonder to 1/4 of the dry mix). Now add water and mix until you get the consistency of “mashed potatoes. Use warm water for faster set and cold water to slow set.
6. Wall Repairs: Using a mixing trowel (or your hand), firmly apply about a ¼” layer of E-Z PATCH® 7 on the repair area for a “scratch coat” and then fill to 3/8” from top.
7. Floor Repairs: Add more water and mix to a runny consistency. Fill to 3/8” from top by pouring E-Z Patch® 7.
8. Allow to stiffen before applying E-Z PATCH PLASTER to finish.
1. Prepare surface as instructed above.
2. Add LIQUID CEMENT BONDER to E-Z PATCH® 7 DRY CEMENT MIX (use fractions = ¼ of the dry mix to ¼ of the liquid cement bonder, etc.). and add water sparingly to create a very stiff consistency. Use warm water for faster set and cold water to slow set. Wait until cement starts to stiffen more and then place mixture in plastic bag and apply mixture underwater to repair area filling to 3/8” from top. Apply E-Z PATCH® UNDERWATER FAST-SET PLASTER to finish the repair.
Allow setting overnight before swimming.
To make a Custom Color with any of our cement type repair supplies, use any cement dye.
View our instructional repair video showing how to do this repair at www.e-zpatch.com
E-Z ANSWERS to some Frequently Asked Questions
Liquid Bonder is inside the jar
Product will cure faster in hotter weather, slower in cooler weather
Product is best stored between 40 degrees F and 90 degrees F
WARNING: CONTAINS CEMENT, AN ALKALINE SUBSTANCE IRRITATING TO EYES AND SKIN. CONTAINS ACRYLIC RESIN CEMENT BONDER. SHOULD PRODUCT CONTACT EYES, FLUSH THEM IMMEDIATELY AND REPEATEDLY WITH WATER AND CALL A PHYSICIAN. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. IN CASE OF SKIN CONTACT, RINSE IMMEDIATELY WITH WATER. USE OF RUBBER GLOVES IS RECOMMENDED.