E-Z Patch® 23 Self-Leveling Expansion Joint Sealant (Available in grey color), is the first and still the very best formula of Oxime Neutral Cure 100% Silicone Rubber Expansion Joint Sealant. E-Z Patch® 23 can be installed in temperatures as low as 0° F. It is UV stable, has little odor, non-shrinking, non-corrosive and has a 50 year life expectancy.
The caulk gun application leaves very little waste and easy clean up. E-Z Patch® 23 provides an excellent, self-leveling, non-porous, easy to clean surface.The surface of the sealant will dry in half an hour to 2 hours and will cure thru in 12 – 48 hours, depending on thickness, temperature and humidity.
Our E-Z Patch® 23 Self-Leveling Expansion Joint Sealant is available in Gray color in 29 oz. Cartridges.
1. Depth of sealant should be 1/3 to ½ the width of joint (1/4” minimum depth). Coverage for a ½” wide joint with ¼” depth is 35 Ln. Ft.
2. Cut down or remove old existing expansion joint (if any).
3. Surface must be clean and dry. Remove any old sealant, old paint, oil, grease or soap.
4. Fill the joint to desired depth with dry silica sand or polyethylene backer rod.
5. Seal ends of joint and any side cracks, etc. with cement repair materials or caulking.
6. Cut tip of cartridge and puncture inner foil seal several times (or unscrew tip and cut end).
7. Apply E-Z Patch® 23 evenly in the expansion joint finishing 1/8” below level of concrete surface.
8. When finished, seal tip and store remainder of cartridge upright, away from high heat.
9. Clean-up with paper towel (and mineral spirits or rubbing alcohol if desired).
Protect from rain for 2 hours
Allow 12 hours curing before foot traffic and 48 hours for automobiles
PRODUCT IS NON PAINTABLE UNLESS YOU APPLY SAND TO THE TOP SURFACE
AFTER IT HAS SET FOR 15 MINUTES
View our instructional repair video showing how to do this repair at www.e-zpatch.com
E-Z ANSWERS to some Frequently Asked Questions
Product will cure faster in hotter weather, slower in cooler weather
Product is best stored between 0 degrees F and 80 degrees F
Product can be installed in temperatures as low as 0 degree F
WARNING: Do not take internally. If ingested, do not induce vomiting and call a physician immediately. In case of contact with eyes, immediately flush with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical attention. Uncured product may irritate the skin. To clean from skin, use paper towel (and mineral spirits or rubbing alcohol if desired) and then wash skin with soap and water.